- Barkbusters has handguards models dating as way back as 1984. The term “bark busters” almost became synonymous with wrap-around dirt bike handguards when the manufacturer was the main supplier of these handguards.
- It sports a full brace backbone where there is an aluminum bracket under the replaceable plastic hand shields. This ensures your hands and bike levers are safe in case of a crash.
- Barkbusters EGO Handguards are ideal for dual-sport, adventure, and enduro racing bikes as they protect the clutch and brake levers when you ride in a remote location.
- There is an MX handguard option that lacks the aluminum backbone. This is ideal for Motocross bikes that only need protection from light debris. As a Motocross rider, you are always on the track, so a wrap-around handguard may not be needed.
- Plastic handshields attach to the mounting bracket. If these plastic shields ever break, you can replace them without having to replace the whole set.
- It is a full set with all the needed parts and installation hardware. These are bars for a 7/8-inch handlebar, so measure your handlebars before you buy the set.
- They are available in seven color options, including black, white, red, orange, yellow, blue, and green to match the color of your bike.
- Installation takes about one hour when you have the right tools, but can take longer for beginners.
- Available in a range of colors
- Strong construction for durability and maximum protection
- Easy to install
- Parts available
- Relatively pricey
- Not a universal fit